The blueprints, more like whiteprints, are not fully complete. Regardless, the blueprints are fairly accurate and should provide the necessary measurements to build your own Police Box. The blueprints are provided as an "aide" to the construction process.
Things to keep in mind when building:
- Remember to always measure twice before cutting.
- Do not solely depend on the measurements I have given. Use human judgment if you can clearly see that something is not working and aligning during the build process.
Design Note: The front measurements versus size measurements are off 1/4". This was done to avoid complexity in cuts and complexity in assembly. For clarification, please refer to The Project
page, 1.3 Notes on Design
section, item 6. Also, you will notice I have laid out version 1 and 2 of the posts on the same diagram (and an additional smooth corner). You can pick which one you prefer for all 4 posts.
- Front Design (8/1/2002)
- Side Design minus 1/2" in width (8/1/2002)
- Top A (8/2/2002)
- Top B (8/2/2002)
- Top C (8/2/2002)
- Title Sign (v1, v2) stencils - There are 2 versions based on my design. One version is for the front and back and the other is for the left and right side. Reason for the 2 versions is because of the shorted width (v2 being shorter than v1) as mentioned in the "Design Note" above. (10/26/2010)
- Call Sign - This by no means is an accurate sign, but is the best representation for my box. (10/12/2010)
"The Blue Box Project", since January 2002